The Heron Practice
Salary £40,057 to £45,839 a year depending upon experience
6 month post with a view to longer-term.
Closing date: 15.6.22
Physician Associate – Salary dependent on experience (FTE)
We are looking for a newly qualified or experienced Physician Associate to join our supportive, friendly and dynamic team. The successful candidate will work with our established clinical team in the delivery of high quality care. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your clinical skills with a focus on paediatric healthcare in Primary Care. You would have a mentor and supervision for each clinic.
The Heron Practice is a very well established, high achieving and dynamic five partner GP practice, located close to Manor House underground station, offering a friendly and supportive working environment.
- GMS 12,000 patients
- High QoF achievement
- EMIS Web
- Teaching practice
- Full complement of staff including Salaried Doctors, Clinical Pharmacist, Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants, reception and secretarial/admin staff
Informal visits are very welcome.
For further information about the practice please visit our website:
Although we are looking to recruit to a full-time post we would consider part-time or flexible working.
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact:
Main duties of the job:
You will work within your scope of clinical practice and :
- Provide first point contact care for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems, utilising history-taking, physical examinations and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan in partnership with the patient ( and their carers where applicable ).
- Undertake face to face, telephone and online consultations for emergency or routine problems, as determined by the Practice.
- Participate in all treatment and preventative healthcare services in the Practice as delegated and agreed by the supervising GPs.
- Identify, signpost or refer patients at risk of developing long term conditions preventing adverse effects on the patients’ health.
- Attend regular practice clinical meetings
- Under supervision of the GPs make professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
- Post graduate diploma or degree (physician associate)
- Member of Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register
- Passed UK PA National Re-certification exam every 6 years
- Experience of working as a physician associate
- Experience of dealing with a range of clinical conditions
- Participates in CPD keeping up to date with evidence based knowledge and competence in all aspects of their role, meeting clinical governance guidelines for CPD.
- Experience of working in a primary care environment
- Experience in triage
- Experience in paediatric care
The post is suitable for a Physician Associate who is keen to embrace the privileges of working in a diverse borough with people from a range of religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds to support their healthcare needs.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
We encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.